+86 21 6086 0171
Vernon Shen is an experienced China labour lawyer.
Vernon provides customised legal services in all fields of labour and employment law, which includes drafting and revision of proprietary agreements, rules, and regulations, such as labour contracts, employee handbooks, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, remuneration and bonus planning, employee transfer and settlement, suggestions on business ethics, personnel dismissal, anti-corruption and anti-fraud investigation, etc.
In addition to daily labour law services, Vernon assists clients with investigations, interviews and major negotiations, handling difficulties, emergencies and crises. He often represents clients in various arbitrations and litigations. Vernon is also skilled in designing personalised ESOP for clients, assisting in the internal system construction and legal training regarding anti-corruption and trade secret protection, and providing compound compliance consultations based on labour and employment.
Prior to joining the firm, Vernon was a labour and compliance lawyer at a well-known domestic law firm.
- Financial institutions
- Life sciences and healthcare
- Chemical, energy and manufacture
- Internet and technology
- Consumer markets
- Advised a well-known US pharmaceutical enterprise’s China WOFE and its factories on daily labour and employment law services and assisted in handling emergencies and crisis
- Advised dozens of public fund management companies on labour and employment law services and assisted in remuneration and bonus planning
- Helped a well-known US consulting company with due diligence regarding candidates' restrictive covenants for recruitment
- Helped several US hedge fund companies prepare labour contacts, employee handbook and other employment documents as well as relevant approval matters for the establishment of their China WOFE
- Helped a well-known new energy technology listed company draft ESOP and supporting documents
- Helped a well-known semiconductor company review its overall employment documents
- Helped a well-known US pharmaceutical enterprise with the investigation on fraud cases of pharmaceutical representatives in China
- Helped a well-known US manufacturing enterprise with the investigation on misconduct case of APAC management team members
- Helped a well-known Italy pharmaceutical company with the investigation on misconduct and unfair competition cases of China regional sales team
- Represented a well-known hotel group in non-competition litigation with former VP
- Represented well-known fund companies and investment institutions in complex labour arbitrations and litigations
- Represented a well-known US cross-border electric business enterprise in non-compete litigation
- Represented a well-known Germany chemical enterprise in trade secret infringement litigation
- Wuhan University, Bachelor of Laws