Sophia (Ziwei) Zhang
+86 21 6086 0106
Sophia Zhang is a banking and finance lawyer.
She advises banks and borrowers on a wide range of financings, especially real estate finance and acquisition finance. She is also experienced in foreign direct investment, merger and acquisition and other general corporate matters.
- Banking and finance
- Investment/M&A & Corporate Governance
- Advised China Development Bank, Hong Kong branch, on a term loan facility made available to Shandong Gold Mining (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.;
- Advised Noble Group Holdings Limited on the restructure of a multi-million debt owing from two PRC private-owned coal trading companies to its PRC subsidiary Noble Resources (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.;
- Advised Blackstone Group on its financing deals for acquisitions of PRC commercial real estate and logistics projects;
- Advised the logistic company GLP on its acquisition of various logistics properties;
- Advised a consortium of private equity investors on raising RMB 4.5 billion for an entity by investing in it, and on the entity’s subsequent acquisition of an overseas subsidiary of a well-known Chinese education enterprise;
- Advised OCBC on its investment in a K12 online education enterprise;
- Advised the Swedish listed company Mycronic on its acquisition of Axxon;
- Advised a berry company Driscoll’s on its investment and establishment of a planting base and administration and sales head office in China;
- Advised a famous food enterprise Shinho on its business operation in China;
- Advised a fabric transaction website Lianshang.com on its establishment of a business structure on an E-commerce platform.
- University of Sydney, J.D.
- Shanghai University of Political Science and Law, LL.B.
- NSW, Australia