+86 21 6086 0166
Rongxin Huang is a dispute resolution lawyer, focusing on litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in the financial and corporate fields.
Rongxin has extensive experience in the field of financial and commercial dispute resolution. As well as practising in Mainland China he previously worked as a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the dispute resolution department of a leading law firm's Hong Kong office.
Rongxin advises on a wide range of disputes relating to stocks, bonds, trusts, private/public funds, asset management schemes, loans and guarantees, commercial factoring, derivative transactions, letter of credit fraud, listing company disclosure, various income rights transactions, Valuation Adjustment Mechanisms, shareholder derivative litigation, company equity and control rights, shareholders’ right to know, commercial contracts, product liability, special procedures for realising security rights, judicial compulsory liquidation, winding up petitions, recognition and enforcement of overseas arbitral awards, etc. He has a commercial approach and attaches importance to the business needs of clients, and is able to use his professional knowledge and skills in various fields to obtain the best outcomes for clients.
Rongxin also advises financial institutions clients on financial compliance with respect to bonds, derivatives, securities, and information disclosure requirements of listed companies.
His practice also includes a broad range of complex regulatory investigations and compliance matters, especially in relation to anti-bribery and corruption and discovery process for overseas legal proceedings. Rongxin also advises clients on data collection, digital forensics and eDiscovery issues that may arise out of such matters. He is skilled in utilising in-court techniques for interview, thereby assisting clients in obtaining substantial progress in investigative interviews. He is also able to construct sophisticated investigative and discovery processes so that investigations are conducted in the most efficient manner possible.
- Litigation and disputes
- International arbitration
- Financial institutions
- Representing a major international securities company in its capacity as a limited partner of a QFLP in litigation with respect to QFLP distribution, liquidation and right to know before Shanghai High People’s Court, Shanghai No.1 Intermediate People’s Court and Shanghai Xuhui District People’s Court and providing PRC law support in a HKIAC arbitration with respect to the limited partner agreement, removal of another limited partner and capital contribution obligation as well as applying for the recognition and enforcement of the arbitral award in the Shanghai Financial Court.
- Representing an investment company affiliated to a listed company in its contractual fund penetration litigation, asset preservation and contractual fund termination litigation before Shanghai Financial Court and Shanghai High People's Court against the fund manager and underlying debtors. This case involved the nature of the legal relationship of contractual private equity funds and the conditions for unilateral termination of the fund contract, both of which are quite controversial under PRC law. Successfully assisted the client to reach a settlement after winning an effective favourable judgment.
- Representing a Hong Kong private equity fund in a corporate control dispute before Beijing Chaoyang District People’s Court and Beijing No.3 Intermediate People's Court, involving procedures of takeover by overseas investors of the red chip enterprise's domestic operating entity, as well as company change registration procedures.
- Representing a major international bank, as the lead bank, and an overseas trust company, as the security agent, in their cross-border syndicated loan dispute, filed a request for arbitration to the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission for the enforcement of security over land and factories provided as collateral by domestic debtors, applied for asset preservation in Shandong court, and assisted the client to takeover the debtor’s enterprise and to resolve right of control disputes in Shandong Province. A favorable arbitral award was obtained.
- Representing a major PRC securities company in a dispute where the investors requested the client, as the custodian of a contractual fund, jointly assume the liability for compensation with the fund manager, defending the claim before the Shanghai Arbitration Commission, and successfully assisted the client in exemption from liability.
- Representing a PRC securities company in its arbitration before the Shanghai Arbitration Commission and in the asset preservation procedures in multiple courts with respect to a dispute over an approximately RMB 1 billion stock pledge-style repo between an asset management scheme managed by the client and the controller of a listing company and its affiliate company, obtained an arbitral award fully supported by the tribunal, and assisted the client in initiating bankruptcy proceedings against the affiliated company before Shanghai No.3 Intermediate People's Court to obtain the distribution of assets .
- Representing an individual investor in his appeal to Shanghai No. 1 Intermediate People's Court involving a dispute over equity transfer and shares held by nominee between the client and a domestic real estate company and its parent company in Hong Kong. The court gave judgment in favor of the client and quashed the first instance judgment.
- Representing the founder of a unicorn company in two retrial litigations before Shanghai High People’s Court with respect to a Valuation Adjustment Mechanism contract dispute with two investment funds; won both cases.
- Representing a well-known energy enterprise in a SCIA arbitration with respect to a dispute with a stated-owned investment fund over equity transfer payment in respect of a photovoltaic power plant in Qinghai Province; successfully assisted the client in reaching a settlement and recovering the money.
- Representing a well-known automobile brand in several national-wide product quality disputes and consumer rights protection lawsuits relating to vehicle spare parts.
- Assisting a major PRC securities company, as the bond trustee, to perform various entrusted management duties, which including drafting emergency response plans, various regulatory reporting documents and announcements, assisting in negotiations with the sponsor based on the proposals of a bondholders' meeting, as well as assisting in drafting various settlement agreements and taking credit enhancement measures.
- Providing comprehensive response strategies and consultancy services to the controlling shareholder of a listed company with respect to a debt disposal (including responses to a bond default lawsuit and an agreement of private placement with guaranteed return) and debt recovery matters in connection with its bankruptcy.
- Advising a well-known PRC asset management company on its onshore guarantees for offshore loans and on its disposal of domestic collateral.
- Advising a U.S listed Healthcare company on an internal investigation into anti-bribery, corruption and export control concerns over its regional sales group and the distributors.
- Advising a U.S listed food company on an internal investigation regarding regional senior management’s alleged misconduct (including potential FCPA violation, kick-back and fraud).
- Advising a multinational clothing company on an internal investigation into anti-bribery and corruption concerns over its regional sales group.
- Advising a UK listed energy related company on an internal investigation into anti-bribery and corruption concerns over its regional senior management and outsourcing group.
- Advising a UK listed engineering company on an internal investigation into anti-bribery and corruption concerns over its regional sales group.
- Advising a Chinese SOE on the investigation and discovery assistance to a U.S anti-trust litigation.
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LLM
- Fujian Normal University, BA