+86 21 6086 0192
Johnny Liu is a senior associate from the corporate team at Shanghai Pacific Legal. He has ample experience in corporate matters, covering foreign direct investment, joint ventures and acquisitions with a particular focus in the technology, media and telecom (TMT) sectors.
Johnny has advised clients on a broad spectrum of regulatory and compliance matters/projects. He was also a major point of contact interfacing with various stakeholders during his time being an inhouse counsel at leading FinTech institutions.
Johnny was recognised as a Rising Star by The Legal 500 in its Asia Pacific 2021 rankings.
- Corporate and M&A
- Advised a Singapore-based cryptocurrency firm in its acquisition of an API firm in UK and white-label cooperation with a license holder in Singapore.
- Advised a wholly foreign-owned company on regulatory notifications after a cyber attack.
- Advised a Canadian location martech company on its entry into Chinese market.
- Advised a global online property listing platform on its exclusive partnering with JD.com.
- Advised a Guernsey-based private equity investor on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a Norwegian company, the subsidiary of which operates in the field of safety and risk management and advanced dispersion, explosion and fire modelling in China.
- Advised a listed energy company based in Thailand in its proposed purchase of certain newly issued shares of a Cayman holding company, the group of which engages in manufacturing energy storage facilities in China.
- Advised an African investment company on the proposed acquisition of the PRC subsidiaries of a multinational conglomerate engaged in the CRM business.
- Advised a Canadian company which designs and manufactures juvenile products on the disposal of its business in China.
- Advised a leading insurance company on its proposed purchase of certain Series C++ Preferred Shares of a Cayman holding company, the group of which engages in online and offline medical treatment and health service in the field of general practice in China.
- Cornell University in the United States, LLM
- China University of Political Science and Law, LLB