+86 21 6086 0102
Edward Song is a banking and finance lawyer.
He is experienced in banking and finance matters, especially real estate finance and acquisition finance. He also has a strong background in debt restructure, foreign exchange control regulatory and other general corporate matters. He joined the firm in 2020 from Norton Rose Fulbright Shanghai representative office.
- Banking and finance
- Debt restructuring
- Financial institutions
- Advised a syndicate of banks led by DBS Shanghai branch on granting a loan facility to Guodong Network Telecommunication Group Co., Ltd. to finance its telecommunication tower business in PRC;
- Advised OCBC Shanghai branch and OCBC Singapore on granting an onshore offshore linked loan facility to Zeng Xi Supply Chain Logistics (Dongguan) Co., Ltd., an affiliate of Brookfield Assets Management, to refinance its existing loans in respect of an industrial property in Dongguan, Guangdong;
- Advised UOB Shanghai branch and UOB Singapore on granting an onshore offshore linked loan facility to Xi’an Yajian Real Property Development Co., Ltd., an affiliate of Shanxi SZITIC Commercial Property (Group) Co., Ltd., to refinance its existing loans in respect of a commercial property in Xian, Shanxi;
- Advised China Development Bank, Hong Kong branch, on granting a loan facility to a wholly owned offshore subsidiary of an A+H listed company;
- Advised ABAX Global Capital on granting a loan facility to Edding Group Co., Ltd. to finance its pharmaceutical business in PRC;
- Advising OCBC Shanghai branch on granting multiple loan facilities to the consortium of Angelo Gordon and Hilltop, to finance its developments of several logistics real estates in Jiangsu Province, China;
- Advised DBS, Shanghai branch, on granting a loan facility to Dongying Lufang Metal Materials Co., Ltd. to finance its export of cathode copper;
- Advised Fosun International Limited and Hainan Mining Co., Ltd. on raising a loan facility from a syndicate of lenders co-led by China CITIC Bank and China Minsheng Bank to finance its acquisition of Roc Oil Company Limited, an international petroleum company based in Australia;
- Advised PT Provident Capital Indonesia on raising a loan facility from a syndicate of banks led by CACIB Singapore branch to finance its telecommunication tower business in PRC;
- Advised Shanghai Mei Dao Investment Co., Ltd., an affiliate of City Developments Limited, on raising a loan facility granted by HSBC, Shanghai branch, to refinance its existing loans in respect of a commercial property in Shanghai;
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by ING Bank on the restructure of a loan facility and finance lease in respect of a FPSO unit;
- Advising China Development Bank, Hong Kong branch, on the restructure of a loan facility granted to a Hong Kong listed company;
- Advised ICBC Financial Leasing on the restructure of multiple loan facilities and financial leases in respect of two LNG carriers.
- University of Sydney, J.D.
- University of York, LL.M.
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LL.B.
- NSW, Australia