+86 21 6086 0161
Claire Zhu is an associate from the dispute resolution team at Shanghai Pacific Legal. She focuses on litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in the financial and insurance fields.
She graduated from The University of Manchester with a Master's Degree in International Financial Law, majoring in securities law and arbitration law. She specialises in dispute resolution projects (including litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution) relating to international finance, trade finance, commercial contracts, insurance (marine and non-marine) and shipping logistics; she also has extensive experience in other commercial law disputes.
- Dispute resolution
- Financial institutions
- Consumer markets
- Represented American insurers to handle claims, settlements and recoveries in relation to air transportation insurance;
- Represented German insurers to handle claims and recoveries in relation to air and marine transportation insurance;
- Represented Italian insurers to handle claims, settlements and recoveries in relation to land transportation insurance;
- Acted for Japanese insurers in dealing with claims and recoveries in respect of all risks and business interruption insurance;
- Represented an Australian wine company in numerous litigation cases with various Chinese purchasers in Shanghai and Shenyang in relation to sales and purchase contract disputes;
- Assisted in litigation between a high net worth client and a private fund manager in relation to the performance of a fund contract;
- Assisted in debt dispute between online payment service provider in the Middle East and domestic purchaser;
- Represented a foreign-owned enterprise dealing with the recognition and enforcement proceedings in China in respect of an arbitration award rendered by the Arbitration Committee of Stockholm Chamber of Commerce;
- Represented a foreign-owned new energy enterprise in an arbitration dispute with a Chinese purchaser in relation to an equipment procurement contract at the Shanghai International Arbitration Center;
- Provided PRC legal opinion to global reinsurers, in relation to the limitation in credit insurance under PRC law before arbitration;
- Provided PRC legal opinion and assistance on numerous ship financing projects as regards application of law, jurisdiction, foreign-related litigation procedures, enforcement of arbitral awards, and legal due diligence, etc.;
- Provided PRC legal opinion to foreign banks on receivables financing projects, involving the issues of jurisdiction, enforcement of foreign-related judgments or arbitral awards and isolation of insolvency risks.
- The University of Manchester, LL.M.