+86 21 6086 0121
Chang Hao is an associate in the IP team of Shanghai Pacific Legal.
Chang Hao specializes in patent, trademark and unfair competition related legal practice, and is directed to provide clients with full range of legal services relating to IP, from application/registration to enforcement and maintenance, as well as other legal consulting services such as IP related transactions and legal documents drafting. Besides, Chang Hao also has certain legal service experience in the field of cyber security and data protection.
Before joining the firm, Chang Hao has respectively worked for a leading domestic patent firm and a well-known German-based law firm for many years.
- Intellectual property
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Information and Intelligence Technology
- Represented numerous clients of various technical fields (e.g., machinery, semiconductors, communications, optoelectronics) in patent prosecution, including drafting patent applications, responding to office actions, participating in invalidation proceedings, conducting patent infringement searches and analyses (“FTO”), etc.;
- Helped clients in formulating trademark application strategies, filing rejection reviews, filing and responding to administrative and litigation proceedings for trademark opposition, cancellation and invalidation;
- Provided clients with other IP protection portfolios, including the selection of appropriate IP right types, drafting/reviewing of IP transaction documents, designing of attribution of inventions and works by employees on duty, etc.
- Represented a European football club in a series of cases combating IP infringements. All the cases resulted in a satisfactory outcome with minimal time and money costs and maximized protections to client's interests;
- Helped client in a case involving technical theft by a business partner to obtain strong bargaining leverage in the negotiations;
- Represented numerous multinational companies (including a world-renowned auto parts manufacturer, a French medical device manufacturer, an American nutritional supplement manufacturer, etc.) in defending their intellectual property rights in China.
Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Advised a leading German automaker on its autonomous driving-related business in China；
- Daily compliance advisory services for a European airline group (including multiple entities within the group)；
- Advised a number of TMT companies on cyber security and data compliance.
- East China University of Politic Science and Law, LL.M.
- Anhui University of Technology, Bachler of Engineering
- PRC Patent Bar