+86 21 6086 0109
Oliver Zhou is a banking and finance lawyer at Shanghai Pacific Legal, advising banks and borrowers on financing matters.
Oliver has provided legal services for CITIC Bank Shanghai Branch, covering non-performing loan collection and transfer, internal compliance policy, and contract review; he has also advised the bank on the legal updates of the PRC Civil Code and the relevant guarantee system. He is familiar with banking business and internal processes, and has rich experience in serving financial institutions.
Prior to joining the firm, Oliver worked at a Shanghai boutique law firm, where he practiced dispute resolution in the financial and commercial fields.
- Banking and finance
- Financial institutions
- Provided legal advisory services to CITIC Bank Shanghai Branch;
- Assisted in a financial loan agreement dispute between CITIC Bank Shanghai Branch and a domestic enterprise, conducted regular visits, and issued reports on the collateral and guarantors after winning the case;
- Represented a subordinated investor in an asset management plan holding dispute to recover the corresponding difference in top-up payments made by the subordinated investor to the senior investor from the implicit investor behind him, and provided legal resolutions to the dispute between the subordinated investor and the asset management plan manager;
- Assisted Arnold & Porter in communicating with Shanghai Financial Court to exchange legal opinions on a Sino-US de facto reciprocal recognition and enforcement case.
- Shanghai International Studies University, LL.B.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M.
- New York State