+86 21 6086 0176
Henry is a senior associate of the firm’s labour practice.
An experienced China labour and employment lawyer officially admitted and authenticated by the Shanghai Bar Association, Henry has rich experience in advising Japanese, U.S., and European clients in labour and employment aspect of their China investments, operations and cross-border transactions.
Henry has a vibrant labour and employment practice. He has helped many foreign invested enterprise clients resolve and settle major labour disputes throughout China and represented his clients in disputes including personnel hiring, retention, and dismissal, remuneration, workforce reduction, collective bargaining, trade union compliance, and labour strikes. His clients come from a variety of industries, including utilities electricity, food and beverage, banks and other financial institutions, electric and heavy machineries, and chemicals / petrochemicals.
In addition to day-to-day labour law services, Henry also assists his clients in dealing with various cases in relation to commercial compliance and investigation, white-collar crime as well as relevant trainings, including malpractice fraud, embezzlement, corruption, bribery, FCPA, etc.
Prior to joining the firm, Henry was one registered partner of Xin Bai Law Firm and one core member of Employment Legal Services’ team of Xin Bai Law Firm.
Henry is the secretary of the Labour Law Committee of the Shanghai Bar Association.
- Consumer markets
- Energy, infrastructure and resources
- Financial institutions
- Life sciences and healthcare
- Helped one Beijing Law Firm dismiss or move its employees/lawyers to PwC
- Helped a design company with South Korean background, close its office and dismiss about 30 employees
- Helped a well-known Japanese company with equity transfer of its factory in Changshu, Jiangsu Province, settle the employees with great efforts, and dismissed all the employees its Shanghai company and move them to another Japanese company
- Helped a well-known Japanese company close its factory in Waigaoqiao, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, and dismiss about 80 employees in 3 days
- Helped a well-known Japanese company merge one of its factories into another in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu Province, and move all the employees from the liquidating company to the existing company, except one who sued the company and lost the case, for which Henry represented the company
- Helped a well-known Japanese company close its Shanghai office and dismissed or moved all the employees
- Helped an American company close its factory in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, and dismiss about 300 employees in 3 days
- Helped a Hong Kong toy company restructure and close its three factories in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, dismiss more than 1,000 employees in about three years and win the arbitration and litigation cases filed by 70 (62+8) employees successively
- Helped a well-known Japanese company close its factory in Pudong New Area, Shanghai, and dismiss more than 1,000 employees for selling of land use right and factory buildings to Shanghai Huawei Technology Company
- Helped a well-known Japanese company with its equity transfer to a domestic company in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province; pay economic compensation to about 1,000 employees and buy out their service years, and dismiss about 300 employees within one week
- Helped a Taiwan paper making company, dismiss its employees for reason of moving to Vietnam from Pudong, Shanghai, and transfer its equity to a domestic company
- Handled lots of cases of labour arbitration and litigation for one of Big Four accounting firms and won most of them including cases filed by its former PwC staff including a partner
- Worked with professionals of one of Big Four accounting firms in other projects relating to employment / labour / HR / global mobility / dispatching / outsourcing / secondment, and even in criminal cases of embezzlement / bribery / fraud / corruption / FCPA
- Drafted/revised relevant labour contracts and employment rules as applicable in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Chengdu etc on behalf of dozens of Japanese enterprises.
- Tongji University, Juris Master
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Master of Investment
- Anhui University of Finance and Economics, Bachelor of Economics
- Secretary, Labour Law Committee, Shanghai Bar Association