+86 21 6086 0198
Benson Tang is a corporate and M&A lawyer, and heads the firm’s corporate and M&A practice.
Benson has 25 years of experience in representing multinational corporates and domestics companies on joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, disposals and restructuring transactions in China, and provides clients with corporate and commercial advices in relation to their day-to-day business operations. His clients cut across a broad range of industry sectors, especially those in the fast-moving consumer goods markets and commercial manufacture.
- Corporate and M&A
- Consumer markets and commercial manufacture
- Advised various American and European industry and fast-moving consumer goods companies (beer, whisky, milk, biscuit and alcohol beverage) in the operational legal compliance and IP protection in China.
- Represented a number of overseas companies to apply to the Chinese Ministry of Commerce and pass the anti-monopoly review for cross-border merger and acquisition projects.
- Assisted a Hong Kong private equity fund in acquiring Chinese companies and assets involved in business, food and clothing, as well as the expansion of subsequent business.
- Acted for multinational companies in PRC litigation, labor arbitration and administrative investigations (Customs, AIC and FDA).
- Advised a major American brewery in the acquisition of Chinese breweries and subsequent expansion project.
- Acted for many multinational chemical and food corporations in a number of greenfield projects in China.
- Assisted a well-known Hong Kong headhunting company to set up a subsidiary in mainland China, which is the first wholly foreign-owned headhunting company approved in Shanghai after the implementation of CEPA.
- On behalf of a famous European building materials company, successfully acquired an insulation materials manufacturing company in Yangzhou, Jiangsu province, and helped to complete all the integration matters after the merger.
- Provided a full range of legal services in China for leading American whiskey companies, including dispute settlement between the company and domestic distributors, handling of labour disputes, compliance training and investigation, etc.
- External PRC counsel to multinational companies with respect to labour law matters, including drafting and negotiating non-competition agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and employment contracts, as well as strategic planning for labour use and labour dispute resolution.
- External PRC counsel to multinational companies with respect to compliance matters, including anti-competition, anti-monopoly, customs, tax, foreign exchange, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, among other matters.
- External general counsel to Chinese subsidiaries of a number of U.S. and European companies, with respect to their daily legal matters, including but not limited to drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, advising on compliance in respect of sales, advertising and marketing. etc.
- East China University of Politics and Law, LLM
- East China University of Politics and Law, LLB